Certificate of Deposit (CD) Calculator
Calculate the future value of an investment in a certificate of deposit (CD). Optionally calculate the taxes you will need to pay for earned interest.
- Initial Investment
- Amount or present value that you are putting into your annuity
- Term (months)
- Enter the term of your CD
- Annual Interest Rate
- interest rate (rate of return) expected
- The frequency that interest compounding will occur on your investment each year.
- Pay Taxes from Interest
- When the table is calculated should taxes be paid from the accrued interest? If so you will not get additional interest on that money. Otherwise, you would redeposit the interest in the CD and pay taxes from other funds.
- Tax Bracket
- Enter the percentage tax you expect to pay each year on the interest
$20,000.00 invested in a
60 month CD
Total Tax (15%) = 257.81 (on Interest)
Post Tax Value = $21,460.93