Investment Account Calculator
Calculate the future value of an investment account that has periodic contributions, withdrawals, and a constant interest rate compounded daily. For example, a retirement account calculator. Calculate the investment account value at the end of a time period or create a printable account schedule.
If you only have an investment account that you will draw from then you can leave the calculator deposits at $0.
- Initial Account Balance
- Enter the current account balance or the amount you will deposit to start the investment account. The present value.
- Annual Interest Rate
- Enter the Stated Rate. This calculator will compound interest daily. For example, an annual interest rate of 7% will be approximated as a daily rate of [ 0.07/365 days = 0.00019178 or 0.019178% ]. Interest is calculated day-of-deposit to day-of-withdrawal, computed using the daily balance method by applying the daily periodic rate to the full amount in the account at the end of each day. This includes any deposits or withdrawals that happened on that day. You do not get interest on the day you withdrawal; the end.
- Monthly Deposits
- If you will be making monthly deposits into this account, enter it here. Choose the day of the month that deposits will be made on. This calculator does not allow days of the month for 29, 30 or 31 since not all months will have these days.
- Monthly Withdrawals
- If you will be making monthly withdrawals from this account, enter it as a positive number, not a negative. Also, choose the day of the month that withdrawls will be made on. This calculator does not allow days of the month for 29, 30 or 31 since not all months will have these days.
- Future Value at the End of X years
- Enter the number of years in the future you want to calculate the value of this account for. This calculator counts actual days; a year is 365 days and a leap year is 366.
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you.
Cite this content, page or calculator as: