About this Calculator
Calculate future value of investment accounts based on periodic, constant deposits, constant withdrawals, and a constant interest rate compounded daily. See the notes below.
Notes on Future Value Calculations:
- Initial Account Balance
Annual Interest Rate
- Enter the current account balance or the amount you will deposit to start the investment account. When entering the account balance, enter the balance on the 1st day of next month. This calculator will have a start date on the first day of the month that follows today's month.
- Enter the Stated Rate. This calculator will compound interest daily. For example, an annual interest rate of 7% will be approximated as a daily rate of [ 0.07/365 days = 0.00019178 or 0.019178% ]. We round the daily rate to 3 decimal places so will use 0.019% in this case.
- Interest for this calculator is calculated at the end of each day so will include the net account amount after any deposits or withdrawals.
- If you will be making monthly withdrawals from this account, enter it as a positive number, not a negative. Also, choose the day of the month that withdrawls will be made on. This calculator does not allow days of the month for 29, 30 or 31 since not all months will have these days.
Future Value at the End of X years
- If you will be making monthly deposits into this account, enter it here. Also, choose the day of the month that deposits will be made on. This calculator does not allow days of the month for 29, 30 or 31 since not all months will have these days.
- Enter the number of years in the future you want to calculate the value of this account for.
- To simplify our calculations we start on the first day of the month that follows today's month.
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you.