This calculator uses the following scale for grade points. Some other non-applicable grades are pass, no pass, incomplete and withdraw. (P, NP, I, W) They do not count when calculating GPA.
How to Calculate Your GPA
- For each course, multiply the credit hours by the grade points defined in the Grade Point Scale table to get the course Quality Points earned.
Credit Hours × Grade Points = Quality Points
- Add all of the Credit Hours
- Add all of the Quality Points
- Divide the sum of the Quality Points by the sum of the Credit Hours to get your GPA.
Total Quality Points ÷ Total Credit Hours = GPA
Rounded to 2 decimal places GPA = 38/15 = 2.53
How to Calculate Your Cumulative GPA
- Find your past Quality Points and Credit Hours. If you only know one of them along with your past GPA you can calculate the other using the equation Quality Points ÷ Credit Hours = GPA.
- Add past and current Credit Hours
- Add past and current Quality Points
- Divide the Total Quality Points by the Total Credit Hours to get your cumulative GPA.
Total Quality Points ÷ Total Credit Hours = Cumulative GPA
Cite this content, page or calculator as: