Income Tax Calculator
Estimate your US federal income tax for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 or 2011 using IRS formulas. The calculator will calculate tax on your taxable income only. Does not include income credits or additional taxes. Does not include self-employment tax for the self-employed.
Based on the tax bracket you enter the calculator will also estimate tax as a percentage of your taxable income.
- Tax Year
- the year that you want to calculate your US Federal Tax
- Filing Status
- Choose one of the following: Single, Married Filing Jointly, Married Filing Separately, or Head of Household
- Taxable Income
- The income amount that will be taxed
- Estimated Tax
- The estimated tax you will pay
- Tax Bracket
- The tax bracket you fall into based on your filing status and level of taxable income
- Tax as a percentage of your taxable income
- Since taxes are calculated in tiers, the actual tax you pay as a percentage of your taxable income will always be less than your tax bracket.
Estimating Federal Income Tax
The calculator results provided here are an estimate based on taxable income only. The IRS uses many factors to calculate the actual tax you may owe in any given year. Note that if you are self-employed this calculator does not include estimated self-employment tax. Please consult IRS.gov 2017 Form 1040-ES for specific information about estimated tax for the self-employed.
Cite this content, page or calculator as: