Height Converter ft to cm and cm to in
Convert US (imperial) height units in feet and inches to metric units in centimeters and meters. Also convert metric cm or m to US-en inches and feet. Includes conversions of ft and in to m and cm, or converting m and cm to ft and in. You can also use this calculator for length, distance and taille en cm conversions.
To convert feet and inches to only inches, first multiply the number of feet by 12. Add this result to the number of inches. This will give you the total number of inches.
Formula: (ft * 12) + in = total inches
Example: Convert 5 feet, 11 inches to total inches
- Multiply 5 feet by 12: 5 * 12 = 60
- Add the result to the original number of inches: 60 + 11 = 71
- 5 feet, 11 inches = 71 inches
To convert inches to feet and inches use long division and divide the inches by 12. The whole number part (the quotient, Q) is the number of feet and the remainder (R) is the number of inches.
Formula: in/12 = Q ft, R in
Example: Convert 129 inches to feet and inches
- Divide 129 by 12 = 129/12 = 10 with a remainder of 9
- 129 inches = 10 feet, 9 inches
Use the conversion table above as reference to convert between feet + inches to centimters or meters.
Convert US units to Metric units
Example: Convert height of 5 feet 2 inches to centimeters. Use the blue rows in the table above.
- First convert 5 feet to inches: 5 feet × 12 inches/foot = 60 inches
- Add up the inches: 60 + 2 = 62 inches
- Convert inches to cm: 62 inches × 2.54 cm/inch = 157.48 cm
- 5 feet 2 inches = 157.48 cm
Convert Metric units to US units
Convert height of 145 centimeters to feet and inches. Use the yellow rows in the table above.
- Convert centimeters to inches
- Divide 145 cm by 2.54 = 145 cm / 2.54 in/cm = 57 inches
- Use long division and divide 57 inches by 12 = 57 / 12 = 4 with a remainder of 9
- 145 cm = 4 feet, 9 inches
Cite this content, page or calculator as: