Fractions Average Calculator
This calculator finds the average of a set of fractions by adding all of the fractions and dividing by the number of fractions in the set. Enter positive or negative fractions, integers and mixed numbers and the calculator converts inputs to fractions and calculates the average.
How to Find the Average of Fractions
Add up the fractions and divide the sum by the number of fractions.
To find the average of a set of fractions, integers, and mixed numbers convert the integers and mixed numbers to improper fractions, add all fractions, then divide the sum by the number of fractions as follows:
- Convert the integers and mixed numbers to improper fractions
- Set up an addition equation with the fractions and improper fractions
- Find the least common denominator (LCD) for the fractions
- Rewrite each of the fractions as equivalent fractions using the LCD
- Add the fractions: Add the numerators and put that sum over the LCD
- If you can, reduce this fraction
- Divide this fraction by the number of fractions, n, or multiply by 1/n.
- If you can, reduce and simplify this fraction which is the average of your fractions
Cite this content, page or calculator as: