Calculate the gross margin percentage, mark up percentage and gross profit of a sale from the cost and revenue, or selling price, of an item. For net profit, net profit margin and profit percentage, see the Profit Margin Calculator.
* Revenue = Selling Price
- The gross profit P is the difference between the cost to make a product C and the selling price or revenue R.
- P = R - C
- The mark up percentage M is the profit P divided by the cost C to make the product.
- M = P / C = ( R - C ) / C
- The gross margin percentage G is the profit P divided by the selling price or revenue R.
- G = P / R = ( R - C ) / R