Stock Ratios Calculator
This calculator will find solutions for up to four measures of the stock performance of a business or organization - earnings per share, price/earnings (P/E) ratio, price to sales (P/S) ratio, price to book value (P/BV) ratio, and dividend payout ratio. The calculator can calculate one or two sets of data points, and will only give results for those ratios that can be calculated based on the inputs provided by the user.
- If you are analyzing one company over a single reporting period, fill in the known data points in column A and press calculate - the results will display below.
- If you are analyzing two companies or a single company over two reporting periods, use both column A (primary) and B (secondary). For each data point and ratio that has a value in both columns, the change expressed as a percent increase or decrease will also be calculated.
The significant figures drop select box only determines rounding for the ratios themselves. Percent changes are always calculated to four significant figures.
Calculations Used in this Calculator
- Earnings per Share = net income ÷ common stock outstanding
- Price/ Earnings Ratio = market price per share ÷ (net income ÷ common stock outstanding)
- Price/ Sales Ratio = price per share ÷ (total sales for past 12 months ÷ market cap)
- Price/ Book Value Ratio = cash dividend ÷ market price per share
- Dividend Payout Ratio = total dividends ÷ net income
- Net Income
- Gross income minus interest and taxes.
- Total Number of Shares
- Total number of shares of common stock on the market.
- Market Price per Share
- Current measure of the price of a share, not accounting for historical data
- Total Sales for Past 12 Months
- Gross sales for 12 months prior to the date of calculation
- Market Cap
- Share price times the total number of shares outstanding.
- Total Assets
- Sum of all short and long term assets held by a company.
- Total Liabilities:
- Sum of all of a company's liabilities, both current and future.
- Total Dividends
- Total amount of dividends paid annually to shareholders.
- Earnings per Share
- Earnings per share of common stock in circulation.
- Price/ Earnings Ratio
- A measure of how much investors are willing to pay per dollar of a company's earnings.
- Price/ Sales Ratio
- A measure of how a company's stock price affects sales revenue.
- Price/ Book Value Ratio
- A relation between actual share price and the share's book value.
- Dividend Payout Ratio
- A measure of how much of a company's income is paid out as dividends to shareholders.