Net Present Value Calculator
Calculate the net present value (NPV) of a series of future cash flows. More specifically, you can calculate the present value of uneven cash flows (or even cash flows). See Present Value Cash Flows Calculator for related formulas and calculations.
- Interest Rate (discount rate per period)
- This is your expected rate of return on the cash flows for the length of one period.
- If there is compounding, this is number of times compounding will occur during a period. 1 is the minimum.
- Cash Flows at Period Beginning or End
- Choose if cash flows occur at the beginning of each period (like an annuity due) or at the end of each period (like an ordinary annuity)
- This is the frequency of the corresponding cash flow. These are often the equivalent time period of months or years but a period can be any repeating time unit that payments are made.
- Cash Flows
- The cash flow (payment or receipt) made for a given period or set of periods.
- Line 0 (time 0) 1 Period @ ?
- This is your original investment, if any, at time 0 of your project.
Calculating the PV for each cash flow in each period you can produce the following table and sum up the individual cash flows to get your final answer.
Cite this content, page or calculator as:
Furey, Edward "Net Present Value Calculator" at https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/financial/net-present-value-calculator.php from CalculatorSoup, https://www.calculatorsoup.com - Online Calculators