Property Tax Calculator
Calculate property taxes including California property taxes. Most annual property taxes include a computation based on a percentage of the assessed value. States such as California increase the assessment value by up to 2% per year. This calculator is an estimating tool and does not include all taxes that may be included in your bill.
- Assessed Value
- The tax assessors value of your property. This could be listed on your tax bill and in some cases this starts at the most recent purchase price.
- Tax Rate
- The annual tax rate used to compute your property taxes
- Annual Increase
- If the assessed value is automatically increased and taxed on the increased value then enter that percentage here. For example, California increases the assessed value each year at the rate of inflation up to 2% maximum.
- Number of Years
- Enter the number of years you want to calculate property taxes. A schedule will be created listing each year and a total tax amount.
- Starting Year
- The starting year of the years you want to calculate. The assessed value in this year is the value you entered above.
Property Tax Calculation
For example, a property with an initially assessed value of $225,000 is taxed at 1% per year and the assessed value is automatically increased by 2% per year.
Legislative Analyst's Office (California), Last accessed 10 September 2016: Understanding California’s Property Taxes.
Cite this content, page or calculator as:
Furey, Edward "Property Tax Calculator" at https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/financial/property-tax-calculator.php from CalculatorSoup, https://www.calculatorsoup.com - Online Calculators